1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CEM baseline and tracking progress

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by elso, Feb 13, 2016.

1. elso

elso New commenter

hi, wonder if anyone can help me. I'm kind of in the dark with this. In Sept they used the CEM baseline assessment with all the children (I just started working at the school after Christmas) Now we are mid year I'm hoping to track the ongoing progress of the children. I have conducted a phonics and number assessment this week and we obviously have our ongoing observational assessments that have allowed me to confidently place the children at either 30-50m (emerging/developing/secure) or 40-60 months (emerging/developing/secure) for all areas of Development Matters but I am unsure of how to use the baseline score (which is a 'standardised score') to prove that they have made progress. Does this make sense? I guess what I'm asking is how to related the baseline score to Development matters to prove progress has been made.