1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CELTA or TESOL in France.

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by MrTeacher12345, Jul 5, 2015.

1. MrTeacher12345

MrTeacher12345 New commenter

Could anyone recommend a place to train, accredited and meeting whatever standards are needed, for either of the above in France? Many thanks.

2. davidbowiefan

davidbowiefan Established commenter

Try daveeslcafe.com. This is a forum for schoolteachers.

There's little need for CELTA recommendations as all courses are regulated by Cambridge and trainers often work for all the centres in a local area.

3. kdec

kdec New commenter

This is my first post but I've followed this forum for years.

I live in France and have worked in Tefl (I now work in an international section in a French school) and I can tell you that a great number of tefl teachers in France have no tefl qualification. It's enough to be English to get a job. Don't expect to make enough to live on though, even if you are qualified.

4. roamingteacher

roamingteacher Established commenter Forum guide

It may be enough to be English to get a job, but definitely worth being trained to do the job. I don't know any particular centres in France, but if you go to the CELTA or TESOL websites, they'll have a list and - as already pointed out - they all have to meet the standards. There are no short cuts to either qualification by centres or students, and it's a tough, intensive course that really opens your eyes to teaching and learning.

Best of luck.

5. davidbowiefan

davidbowiefan Established commenter

If you aren't qualified, you aren't a teacher. Its as simple as that.

And I can tell you for a fact that the French employ native speakers from all parts of the UK and beyond. Being English doesn't give you an advantage.