1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Celebrities' Babies' Names...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Eva_Smith, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Eva_Smith

Eva_Smith Established commenter

Read an article today about Myleene Klass who has named her new baby Hero (which I think is lovely and very Shakespearean, despite Hero being a rather wet character who doesn't really speak very much; Beatrice might have been more a more feminist choice). Anyway, the article (in a chavvy newspaper, admittedly) was going on about celebrities naming their children ridiculous names:
    Princess Tiaamii (Katie Price and Peter Andre)
    Bluebell Madonna (Geri Halliwell)
    Fifi Trixibell (Paula Yates and Bob Geldof)
    Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily (Paula Yates again, and Michael Hutchence)
    Sage Moonblood (Sly Stallone)
    Buddy Bear (Jamie Oliver)

The list goes on.

I think Hero got off rather lightly!

2. Eva_Smith

Read an article today about Myleene Klass who has named her new baby Hero (which I think is lovely and very Shakespearean, despite Hero being a rather wet character who doesn't really speak very much; Beatrice might have been more a more feminist choice). Anyway, the article (in a chavvy newspaper, admittedly) was going on about celebrities naming their children ridiculous names:
    Princess Tiaamii (Katie Price and Peter Andre)
    Bluebell Madonna (Geri Halliwell)
    Fifi Trixibell (Paula Yates and Bob Geldof)
    Heavenly Hiraani Tiger Lily (Paula Yates again, and Michael Hutchence)
    Sage Moonblood (Sly Stallone)
    Buddy Bear (Jamie Oliver)

The list goes on.

I think Hero got off rather lightly!

3. 'Buddy Bear' just reminds me of that nasty cheap luncheon meat in the shape of a bear's face that they sell in Tesco delis [​IMG]
    Poor little buggers!

4. lindenlea

lindenlea Star commenter

Isn't Zowie Bowie now known as Simon or something similar.
    I used to log on to another forum for the sake of reading the babies' names thread. This is a paraphrased exchange.
    Poster 1 - What do you think of the name Rhodesia?
    Poster 2 - Well it's ok but I suggest you steer clear of the Democratic Republic of Congo.
    [​IMG]

5. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

We've just been looking at the names on our waiting list. Oh. Dear. God.

6. Ha ha!
    I have a name if I ever have a girl that everybody thinks is stupid and make other 'suggestions' to me but I am still going to use it! Hero though - umm, maybe not!
    The local primary in a less comfortable socio-economic group shall we say seems to have been invaded by the first-name-as-surname phenomenom - lots of Masons, Rileys, Blakes etc.

7. Holly Willoughby has named her new baby daughter Belle... which I think is unusual but lovely!

8. The fashion for giving your child an initial (or even 2) as a first name also seems to be passing round here. So I'm afraid, K, J, CC, Z (pronounced Zee as if you couldn't guess) and LJ, your names will forever mark you out as the rap-admiring lower-class offspring of the peri-millennium.
    I have a chav name for a girl that I actually quite like - Sapphire. We had a few of those in school at the turn of the millennium, all spelled any way except Sapphire. I'd never bestow it on a daughter though.

9. Eva_Smith

We have a child named Tekeila in our school. Says it all really. Also a Shandy and a Jack--Daniel Bloggs.

10. Oh God! As if spelling it that way is going to fool anyone!

11. InkyP

InkyP Star commenter

I think it's Duncan.

Love the Rhodesia/ Congo quote though.

12. When I was on TP many moons ago, there was a girl named Molly-Neux!
    (Guess the football team!)

13. lrw22

lrw22 Occasional commenter

We have a few KCs, Kaseys and Kaceys. Again guess the football team/stadium!

14. I quite like the name Hero, although I think it sounds like it should be a boy's name.
    If Amykitten had been a boy I wanted to call her Angel, so perhaps it's a good thing she was a girl!

15. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Me too! [​IMG]

16. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

I thought it WAS a boy's name when I heard it. I guess it's a girl then? Strange. Wouldn't Hera be better....a Greek goddess or something? But Hero? For a girl? No.

17. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

In my school at the moment we have Bj, Cj and Dj, Kodi, Kobi, Jazz, Shereese, Britney, Shakira, Myrni, Teddie, Billie-jo, 3 Jamie -Lees, Angel, Jojo, 3 Masons, 2 Rileys , Kyce Summer-Rose and a Summer-Meadow.

I sometimes wonder if I've dropped into a parallel universe.

18. BJ? Oh, no! Poor child!
    We have an Angel too, who is actually quite a sweet girl. We're always getting emails about her as she is a looked after child and even the SENCO writes 'Angle' - sheeeeesh!
    Belle is quite common now because Isabelle and Isabella are so popular (Twilight, I guess.)
    Curly, I have all the above apart from BJ, Shakira and Britney in my bottom set year 7 class! Lol ...

19. Oooh no, I win.
    A girl whose name is pronounced Dih-kee-nee
    How is it spelt?
    DKNY....

20. dusty67

dusty67 New commenter

The best one I've heard (from a colleague) in the surname as first name is Hatton.

Not too bad you might think, until you see his actual Surname which is Coates