1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

celebration assembly songs for KS1 and KS2

Discussion in 'Music' started by smunslow, Sep 10, 2009.

1. I co-ordinate music in a Primary School and I'm looking for a song to sing after the children have received their certificates in our weekly celebration assembly. At the moment we have "Well Done" (I think it's from Songs for Every Occasion but could be wrong...) which I dislike intensely and so do several other members of staff. Our headteacher wants a 'celebrating' song so I need one please? Any ideas? I can play the guitar badly so would prefer something I can get a cd backing track for - or simple piano accompaniment. Thanks in anticipation of the mountains of replies i'm going to get!

2. G.Edwards

G.Edwards New commenter

How funny...

I have just literally come online with the same problem. We also sing Well Done! and I am getting tired of it.

I have downloaded "Worlds Greatest" which I am planning on trying. But After that I am struggling.

Did you ever find anything?

3. jubilada

jubilada New commenter

I have previously used a song called Bravo Bravissimo! - can't remember the source but it would be easy to write down. But it is very short.

4. bod99

bod99 New commenter

You sing the same song every week? Eeek.
    I think you should suggest that you "celebrate" singing by choosing a different song each week. You could even get the children to vote for a winning song. I used to put a voting board where they lined up for lunch and they could put their name on the song they liked the most from the selection I provided.
    Variety is the spice of life :eek:)