1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Celebrating success display board

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cazzielou, Apr 9, 2012.

1. cazzielou

cazzielou New commenter

Hi my lovelies, I'm sure you can help me out. I have searched the forums but can't quite find what I am looking for and figured I should just ask instead!

I have just taken over a year 1 classroom and at the moment there are 2 maths displays, this is unnecessary so I am going to change one to a celebration display, which I assume it was used for previously as it has a star border. It is around 1.5mx1.5m. want to have a range of different types of celebration on there but not sure what to include.

In the class they already have a star of the day, which is behaviour based and they have their photo put up daily, so I can put that on the board. I am going to have an area for their "outside school" success (certificates from sports clubs etc) which can be displayed for a week and then taken home (any good names for this?). As well as this I want to have some kind of classroom work success but this is where I need inspiration.

I have a box of rewards that I can give out at the end of each week/half term for children that have made it onto the board, but I am not sure whether to have a separate one for literacy (super writer?) based on a child who has met/exceeded their literacy target, maths (need a name for this) target based again but more based on wow moments maybe? And then my favourite work of the week (Miss X's pick of the week) for someone who I think has tried really hard on a piece of work (could be from any subject).

Has anyone done something like this? Would it be too complicated to have separate wow work for different subjects or should I just keep it simple and have one piece of work of the week? Also does anyone have any fabulous ideas for names for the actual board (my initial idea is just "Celebrating our Success" but I'd like something more catchy.

2. Gareth-Brown

Gareth-Brown New commenter

How about something like "Wow, look at this!", "More amazing work from class _ _ _ _" or The Sensational Student Success Show!" Ha ha, I think that last one's my personal favourite!

3. One of our students did something similar. She called it 'sea of success' The background was a basic sea scenery with some weed and the successes were written on fish. It looked lovely.