1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Celebrating RE Month- March

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by smartleydoesIT, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Hi Foundation
    If you go to the Celebrating RE website and look at the events calendar and the newsletters, you will see a huge range of things happening which will give you lots of ideas. Next newsletter is due out 1st March. You can sign up on the Home page to receive it.

2. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Hello Foundation,

Where is your school? Would you like a visiting speaker to stimulate discussion in class or give an assembly etc?

I have been offering to come into any school during the RE Month to give a presentation an any aspect of RE, stimulate discussion, do some G and T work, lead an assembly - anything you like - and its free except I will have to charge for expenses.

I am getting quite booked up but have some Wednesday and Thursday afternoons left if you are within an hour or two of London.

I can do any aspect of RE for any age, primary or secondary. I'm offering this to widen my experience and get some feedback for my workshops and the card games I am developing, and also just to give some love and support to all the brilliant RE teachers and departments out there.

Contact me by PM or email info@bluelotus.co -- and note that it really is .co not .com or .co.uk. It's a new world wide domain

3. veni_vidi

veni_vidi New commenter

Organised by us PGCE students. Staff, trainee teachers, former students and partner schools attached to York St John University will be celebrating RE in typically creative style on Thursday 10 March 2011.

The event, which will run from 5.00 to 7.00 p.m.,will be opened by Professor Julian Stern, giving the keynote address on ‘Why We Should Celebrate RE’. This will open up an RETeachMeet, an ‘unconference’, much in the style of those used increasingly by creative and IT professionals to share cutting edge ideas in an informal way. Current and past trainees will present on innovative activities and strategies going on in RE classrooms today (in no more than 7 minutes each!)

As part of the gathering, current trainees from YSJ have prepared aninteractive exhibition space based around seven main belief traditions which are taught in schools today. Each space focuses of the highly imaginative and engaging activities used to bring these traditions alive to young people using still image, film, artefacts, music, food and active role play. Tours of the David Hope RE Centre, a unique and inspiring resource centre, will also be taking place.

Above all this fun event is an opportunity to share ideas, teaching tools, meet new people and celebrate the diversity and richness in teaching RE today.

You can follow the current cohort of trainees as they reflect and prepare for this exciting event on Twitter @ysjcelebratere and at their blog ysjcelebratere.tumblr.com[​IMG] RE Celebration at York St John University
    10 March at 17:00York St. John University

4. Thank you for your reply...would have loved to take you up on this offer but unfortunately there is a stretch of water between us and the uk!!