1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Celebrate your achievements here

Discussion in 'Teaching assistants' started by alexharrison101, Feb 23, 2012.

1. well done chocolateworshipper [​IMG]
    in september i took on a science withdrawal group with 5 students who entered year 7 at a 2c or below. end of year target = 3c...by the end of 1 term with me, their end of term exam showed results between 4c and 5a [​IMG] on inspection a slightly inaccurate markscheme was used, but they still scored higher (raw score) than everyone except 2 students in the class i withdraw from, and they actually scored higher than half the kids in the set above!

2. chocolateworshipper

chocolateworshipper Occasional commenter

Fantastic job alexharrison101 ! Sending over a virtual glass of your favorite tipple to you xx

3. Love this well done both of you! I took on a child for Maths he was the lowest in my group and came into year 2 on a 1c. He got a 2A in KS1 SATS test.
    Took a focus guided reading group and in one term all of the children made 2 years progress but one made 3 and a half years progress and went from age 5 to 8.5.

4. chocolateworshipper

They are both amazing achievements Greenteaaddict! Gold star and team point to you. We are fabulous!

5. I am tremendously proud of the Y9 boy who read, without fear or faltering, the words 'announcement' and 'unpronounceable' a couple of days ago. When he came to us in Y7 his primary said that he couldn't get the hang of decoding and blending at all. It's been slow, but steady. He could barely read CVC words at the start...
    I'm also very proud of the child, now in Y10, whose primary said he would never learn to read. I think we have proved them wrong...[​IMG]

6. chocolateworshipper

You are right to be proud maizie! You believed in these children when others had given up. Extra golden time for you - and a giant slab of cake (or whatever your favorite treat is) xx

7. This is what TA's do so well, give pupils that need it extra time and attention so that they can achieve their potential, big pat on back for all of you and stickers for the pupils [​IMG]