1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CCVC 20 min lesson ideas for FS2, thanks

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by rebeccafound, Feb 26, 2012.

1. hi I have interview for a 20 mins lesson on phonics , teaching FS2 CCVC words. Any imaginative ideas will be v welcome . thankyou x

2. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

What ideas do you have so far? If you post a precis of your plan we could comment and add suggestions.

3. A frog jumping from stepping stone to stepping stone when the children can read each word, about 9 stones? Then sentence work at end putting in a chosen word in a sentence. Any good IWB ideas to include?? 9 children altogether. Was going to use fun words like flip flap, drip drop, swim swam...

4. I have this frog you see in my head as an idea to use! Since I saw it in the park yesterday! And..its a CCVC word! and use of the flip flap words etc to go with the frog theme, water...drip drop, etc. Nnice words the children would like to write in a sentence....any creative ideas to use on this would be brilliant!

5. carlad 2 , I am only on beginning of the plan, will post up when got it all along with following phase 4 plans...intro, revisit, teach, sentence work. The main thing I want is INSPIRING the children

6. Sounds good. Just make sure that you are clear about what you want the children to learn. Have seen a few interview lessons and the best ones don't always look "pretty" but are the ones that are focused and expect chidlren to parcitpate giving them plenty of opportunity to talk and have a clear end point.

7. Thanks khaneer for you input. The aim would be for children to participate with enjoyment, and write some words well at the end, within a good sentence if they can. Do you always see candidates use the IWB or is it more the reaction with the children in a circle more important? What are you views?

8. cariad2

cariad2 New commenter

The frog idea sounds fun. Maybe you could have words printed onto lily pad shapes for the frog to jump onto.
    If you wanted to include segmenting as well as blending, you could have individual letters on lily pads. Children could have a phoneme frame, you give them a word, they try to write it. Then choose a child to use the lily pads to make the letters, give any necessary support to ensure that the word is made correctly, and then compare this to what children have written on their phoneme frames.

9. thats a great idea carlad thanks x

10. Make sure you have the 5 elements of a phonics session - finding a lot of teacher's falling on this! Doesn't matter what you use make sure it is pacey, fun, interactive but keep all the elemnets of a phonics session - Hope it goes well!

11. I have some ccvc resources that might be useful for any child that finishes what you have set.
    Picture Pairs game, Sentences on cards, Chain Words Game, Word cards and Board Game.
    margaret2612@btinternet.com

12. thanks all , the 5 elements to the lesson? is that the intro, recap, teaching, apply bit? 5th? thanks!!

13. anon2799

anon2799 New commenter

Maybe have a look in the letters and sounds document. That will outline the different parts of the lesson for you.
    Rather than focusing on the activity you want to do, start with your objectives and work from there.