1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CCRS HELP!?!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by denise1990, Mar 17, 2020.

1. denise1990

denise1990 New commenter

Hi everyone, I am completing the CCRS online module and am really stuck with choosing one of the assignments for the Old Testament module. The options are below. Has anyone completed any of these I could use for inspiration? It is the first time I feel stuck in choosing and therefore can't focus on one topic. Please help. Thank you xx
    1. Which is your favourite Gospel and why?
    2. What do either the parables or the miracle stories tell us about the Kingdom of God? Focus on no more than three texts from the Synoptic Gospels.
    3. Which two texts from the New Testament convey the centrality of the Resurrection for you?
    4. Should Paul rather than Jesus be considered the founder of Christianity?

2. sooooexcited

sooooexcited Occasional commenter

You're asking someone to give you their finished essay just so you can "choose" which one to write?

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

Option 1 seems the kind of question one would give a year 6 child.

I'm assuming you are actively religious, in which case either 3 or 4 should be reasonably straightforward. Just write from the heart for either, with some quotes here and there.

4. TheOracleAtDelphi

TheOracleAtDelphi Established commenter

I'm assuming you mean New Testament module rather than Old 'cos otherwise I think you're looking at the wrong list!

What's the word count? If it is small, then option 1 is probably the easiest to answer properly in the fewest words. Option 4 is imo one of the most interesting questions but you'd struggle to do it justice if you had a small word count (people write whole books about it). Unlike caterpillar I actually think it is also the one that is easiest if you are not so religious.

Q2 sounds remarkably like the GCSE questions so it might be difficult to write at 'greater depth' although probably the most straightforward to tackle. I suppose you could maybe look at the overlap/non-overlap of stories between different Gospel writers and how the particular flavour they are given could influence how their message is interpreted.

5. caterpillartobutterfly

I didn't make any suggestions as to what would be easiest if you weren't religious.

6. TheOracleAtDelphi

I'm sorry if I offended you. I guess I read it wrong. I just thought that of the four, option 4 was the one that required least personal experience/relationship with religion and could be tackled in a more abstract/academic way as opposed to the very personal approach of option 1 and 3.

7. denise1990

denise1990 New commenter

Completely agree. Thanks so much x

8. denise1990

denise1990 New commenter

Perfect. Thanks so much for your advice x

9. denise1990

denise1990 New commenter

Perfect, it’s 1500 and so this will help me choose which one rather than pick one and change my mind half way through. thanks so much.

10. caterpillartobutterfly

Not offended in the slightest.
    Maybe 4 is just the best one, religious or not?

11. TheOracleAtDelphi