1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CBFM users, past and present

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by Complicated_Bear, May 20, 2012.

1. Thanks Brettgirl! Did you get any peaks or just highs? I think the pack says it gives up to 5 high days, but have now read that the first month or so some people have had up to double that. Hopefully I'll get decent fertile signs this month (I don't always get them, while the monitor gets used to me.
    Frustratingly (did I already mention this in OP, can't remember) the monitor keeps telling me it needs cleaning, right fromt he first day I used a test stick. It only shows the symbol for it immediately after removing the stick, but not at any other time. I did try cleaning it as it says but it made no difference. I'm going to phone the helpline tomorrow, and am just hoping I don't have to send it back and have a new one sent out, as that means it might still not be completely accurate next month. Sigh!

2. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

I've had highs from day 6!!! It is the first month tho.

3. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Well on day 12 and still high but no peak! IS this normal???

4. Hi ITA, it could be that you'll ov later this month, which is very common if you have irregular cycles. Also, if it's your first cycle, it may not detect a high. Good luck.

5. ITA76

ITA76 New commenter

Thanks Antoniou! Fingers x for you!

6. This might not be entirely accurate as my machien is faulty and a new one has been sent which I can't use until next month. However, my first high was CD 8 (7 by the way machine was set up), and today is CD 15 (14) and still getting highs. I did however miss 2 days due to the faulty machine (they7 weren't consecutive days, just when it decides to play up; using it when it does work before I send it back at the end of the cycle). I'm not surprised I've not had a peak, as occasionally ov CD 15, usually 18-23. Just surprised to get the highs from so early, Had no fertile signs, so assumin I've not ov'd yet as the cbfm is also saying.
    However, the lady on the helpline at clearblue told me there is no need for cbfm to 'get used to your hormones' and is accurate from the first month...but I'm not sure about that as so many other people have found it to be inaccurate the first month (or at least giving up to 15 highs before a peak). Now next month I have to start again!