1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CBFM users - advice please

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by antoniou, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hi Ladies,
    This my first cycle using a CBFM. As it was leant to me, I had to use a test stick from my pack of 20 to reset it. As my cycles are a about 32 days, I had to go into the second lot of 10 sticks. Got my peaks on CD16 and 17 and a high the following day, then all have been low. I'm on CD24 and it keeps requesting sticks. Does it require you to complete a full round of 10 sticks? If so, I'll be a test stick short from using one to reset the monitor. Does this matter?
    Also, once I've used all the sticks, do I still need to turn the monitor on everyday or should I wait until my next cycle starts (hopefully it won't)? Sorry for all the questions, but am a bit confused.

2. Hi Ladies,
    This my first cycle using a CBFM. As it was leant to me, I had to use a test stick from my pack of 20 to reset it. As my cycles are a about 32 days, I had to go into the second lot of 10 sticks. Got my peaks on CD16 and 17 and a high the following day, then all have been low. I'm on CD24 and it keeps requesting sticks. Does it require you to complete a full round of 10 sticks? If so, I'll be a test stick short from using one to reset the monitor. Does this matter?
    Also, once I've used all the sticks, do I still need to turn the monitor on everyday or should I wait until my next cycle starts (hopefully it won't)? Sorry for all the questions, but am a bit confused.

3. daisy_chain

daisy_chain New commenter

Hi antoniou!
    The first cycle does ask for all 20 sticks and then will stop asking. I think the next cycle they will only ask for 10 or as many as it thinks it needs. I don't think you need to turn it on everyday but I could be wrong about that!
    Hope the 2ww isn't dragging too much!
    xxx

4. kittenjames

kittenjames New commenter

i used it a year or so ago so memory is a bit shady but i'm pretty sure you need to poas every time it asks because it builds up a 'picture' of your cycle. then i think it doesn't ask for so many poas next time.
    can't remember this bit, probably best switch it on every day to do as it tells you. p.s. it worked for me! my LO is 13 wks old now!!

5. Thanks for the replies. As i Guessed, it asked for a test stick this morning, but, as I'd used one to reset it, I had none left. I'm hoping 19 sticks is enough though, as it had already dtetcted my highs and peaks. Hope it's worked.