1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cauliflower

Discussion in 'Cookery' started by modelmaker, Nov 5, 2011.

1. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

This evening I might be accused of cooking the most expensive idea of a cauliflower accompaniment to a meal imaginable, but in the circumstances it wasn't so bad. To start off, when my beloved ordered the shopping this week, Tesco were offering 2 large cauliflowers for the price of one, so I used some of the free one in this recipe.
    I like cauliflower a bit, but it's always struck me that it needs something else to make it a star. I'll often cook cauliflower cheese, but not as a meal in itself, instead as an accompaniment to a roast. I save any leftover cauliflower cheese and mix it with other leftover veg to freeze into patties that can later be baked or grilled as a quick addition to another meal.
    So tonight, I invented spicy saffron cauliflower which worked rather well. I added the remaining 1/3rd of a packet of saffron and a decent pinch of dried chili to the water I cooked the cauliflower in, turned it off long before the cauliflower was completely cooked and let the favours infuse. It certainly took the cauliflower to another level.
    I saved the cooking liquid on this occasion so I can try it out again tomorrow for completely free.

2. You seem to think you invent things.
    You don't.

3. modelmaker

Bad time of the month again? I can truely say that if you and I were married I'd be suggesting you had a lie down and be warming hot water bottles for you.
    Maybe TES needs a misanthrophy forum as well as a cookery forum. Maybe it needs a misogionist forum too?

4. Nah, never have that. And you cannae provoke me with that kinda stuff.
    I think we would kill each other - or be so on one wavelength as to know when to shut up as to never have problems - I am never quite sure with you.
    I think we polarise but you can't do really happy without me, and I miss you when you are not being bolshy.
    It is like a *** comedy show.

5. modelmaker

I've got a Jeff Beck haircut. You either live with it or accept you can't deal with stuff that confronts the normal expectations the world has of people in my age group.
    As a by the by, it was interesting to read the story todat about Brian May alowing his home to also become home to a disabled hedgehog. Did you see the photo? He's gone as grey as a bagful of grey things.
    [​IMG]