1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Catholic School Interview

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Cosmic_Rainbow, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

Hi

I have an interview next week at a catholic school and was wondered if anyone had some sample questions that i may be asked along with the generic teacher interview questions.

2. Cosmic_Rainbow

Cosmic_Rainbow New commenter

Hi

I have an interview next week at a catholic school and was wondered if anyone had some sample questions that i may be asked along with the generic teacher interview questions.

3. Geoteach0027

Geoteach0027 New commenter

Have a look in the thread Theo has created called "Ive got an interview" its full of information and such like that are of great use.

4. SBW2009

SBW2009 New commenter

I currently work in a catholic school and i'm not catholic!
    I was asked how i would uphold the catholic ethos - things like be respectful for the faith, take part and lead prayers etc. I said that i would research and ask for support if i wasn't clear on something.
    Depends how catholic the school is to be honest - mine is about 80% catholic so a very strong ethos!
    Good luck

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done on getting an interview!
    Go to the Welcome thread and read the Interview clickables inside for general tips and questions.
    And read this:
    Dear Theo et al - Evidence of Christian commitment
    We have a tradition here that when somebody gets a job, they start a brand-new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job! We look forward to yours!
    Best wishes

6. Hi I had an interview in a catholic instituition today, still awaiting reply.
    Just be prepared for the main question "Are you comfortable/happy to uphold the catholic ethos?' and 'How would you uphold the catholic ethos?'
    If you are catholic these are fairly easy to answer lol but if not stick to good morals, promoting charity (check what the school does any local/international causes they support?) keeping good ties with all, maintaining a family/community based atmosphere, mutual respect with all, good manners, kindness etc
    Stick to the schools particular ethos eg do they talk about a family based atmosphere etc. Good luck!