1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Catholic School in Singapore

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by dharcock, Oct 16, 2018.

1. dharcock

dharcock New commenter

Hey everyone,
    I am looking for information on a school in Singapore (with husband of the Mother Mary in its name).
    Any ideas on the package, health insurance, housing allowance, what the school climate is like, work/life balance...
    I would be moving with a non-working wife and a small baby (currently 5 months old). Is a comfortable life in Singapore feasible on a single wage with two dependents?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

2. Bytor

Bytor Occasional commenter

Have sent you a pm with link to something I found for July 2016.

Bytor

3. dharcock

dharcock New commenter

Thanks Bytor for your pm.
    Much appreciated.
    Anyone have any experience with this particular school and/ or Singapore in general (for a young family on a single wage)?

Cheers!

4. Bytor

No problems.

Happy hunting.

5. migratingbird

migratingbird Occasional commenter

I can't give you specifics about that school, but can give you a ballpark idea. Can also advice on moving to Singapore when supporting a spouse and small baby. I'll start a conversation with you in case you're not allowed to start them yet.

6. dharcock

dharcock New commenter

thats great, migratingbird! thanks!

7. dharcock

dharcock New commenter

and yes, not allowed to start conversation yet...

8. Sparky1979

Sparky1979 New commenter

Can you send to me Bytor?

9. Sparky1979

Sparky1979 New commenter

migratingbird i'm actually in the same position as original poster - can you send me a chat. many thanks

10. migratingbird

migratingbird Occasional commenter

Done :)

11. Bytor

Hello Sparky1979

I´ve added you to the conversation.

If that doesn´t work, I´ll PM you the info directly

Bytor

12. loislane1

loislane1 New commenter

The school will send you all the information you need if you get through to an interview. It is a very good caring school. You will work hard but the package allows you to play hard. Supporting a family on even a good wage even in Singapore may prove difficult. Good Luck

13. steluta

steluta New commenter

The package they offer is on their website or linked to the job advert generally, it looked decent when I checked it last time (both salary and housing allowance, with beakdown for single, family, etc). I don’t think it gets far better than that in Singapore.

14. dharcock

dharcock New commenter

Hey loislane, could you maybe start a pm with me-I’m not allowed to do that yet. I have a few more questions

Much appreciated,,,

loislane1 likes this.
  15. ejclibrarian

ejclibrarian Established commenter Community helper

I've hear good things about it and their package is supposed to be excellent.