1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

catholic school application - references from whom??

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by gillian2607, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Aber1991

Aber1991 New commenter

Not true. None of my posts concerned religion. Many of them were in response to attacks on the right of Catholics to be Catholics. I never discuss my religon with heretics, infidels, heathens, agnostics, Communists or atheists.

2. Aber1991

Aber1991 New commenter

kibosh
    "He just loves to annoy people on here and on the main Opinion forum, especially wrt this issue. Many posters, over the years, have gone many rounds with Aber."

Not true. I never attack. I rarely defend. I often counter-attack. I follow a policy of "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth".

3. scotslassie

scotslassie New commenter

Nah, they probably go for the doggie position, he sits up and begs and she rolls over and plays dead.

4. I don't think you do your point of view any favours when you indulge in silly personal attacks. Aber makes points which should be refuted in objective terms.

5. Aber1991

Aber1991 New commenter

It says in the Bible "come ye out from among them". Safety through segregation.

6. Yes in Corinthians, ye signifying unbelievers. Protestants are not unbelievers, they are also Christians.
    It also says in the NT:
    Mark 11:25-26
    - And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive
    him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."
    Ephesians 4:31-32
    - Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along
    with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another,
    forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

Aber , your defence is weak, you'll need to do much better than that to demonstrate any compatability between your views and those of Christ whose teachings you purport to follow.

7. Aber1991

Aber1991 New commenter

On the Hill of Calvary, on the first Good Friday, the Good Thief repented and was forgiven. The Bad Thief did not repent and was not forgiven.

8. Nope, that doesn't really work either to demonstrate any sort of compatability with what I know to be Christian principles. My wife is a practicing catholic, I would consider my mother to be a particularly devout catholic. They do not share your prejudiced and actually quite offensive views. I have met people who are of the same mind as you, regardless of their faith or denomination, they are called bigots. It is futile to debate with a bigot as there can be no rational discussion.
    For that reason I'm out.