1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Catholic Reference

Discussion in 'NQTs and new teachers' started by anon3946, Sep 11, 2012.

1. What's the worst that can happen if you ask? You'll be no worse off than not applying. I'd suggest that even if he DOESN'T give you a reference, applying anyway and big up the Catholic aspect in your statement/letter. Can't hurt to try!

2. JorisBhonson

JorisBhonson New commenter

Are you certain this depends on a reference from a Catholic priest ? In my experience, Catholic schools do not insist on such a reference these days as most Catholics don't go to Mass anymore. You're probably a better Catholic, anyway than most of the Catholic teachers who go to Mass and Confession. I would say it probably is not the best move to go and ask for a reference from church, however, it depends on the priest. He might support your application if he thinks you'd be worth backing. Ask him if he could give you an hour or his time for a chat - you never know, you might end up returning to practicing your faith again ! Good luck- hope you get to stay. Let us know what happens.

3. Hi, I noticed you have completed the ccrs last year. I am trying to do my first think point and am struggling. Do you have any example essays you would maybe email me please as a guide for structure and referencing? thanks.

kuteass123 likes this.
  4. kuteass123

kuteass123 New commenter

Hi there. I'm well aware this is a very old thread, but where did you do your CCRS module? Was it online or somewhere else?
    Thanks anyone!

5. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Yes precisely, very old thread. OP hasn't been seen on TES for nearly 5 years. You'd do better to start your own thread.