1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cat poop in me 'erb garden

Discussion in 'Personal' started by eggnchips, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Will I die if I eat some parsley?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

No
    I always figured that if Alan Titchmarsh didn't get wound up about his pets wandering through his garden while he was being filmed then the rest of us shouldn't either.
    Sure it's irritating and there's a small-ish risk of nasty bugs but not as much as some folk would lead you to believe.
    ...and, no, I don't have cats.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I use cow, horse and chicken **** on my garden...the visiting cats have competition!

4. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

you may not die but you could be il if you dont wash the stuff....cat mess can carry all sort sof bugs besides stinking....i constantly battle with them in the garden. They walk scared along the fence now!

5. Of course I would wash it olds! I cleared a bin liner full from a small garden today. I think I'll just put plastic on the herb garden and stick the plants in pots.

6. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

youcan try wire on the bare surfaces...or sharp sticks with cotton on as the dont like that around their feet.......the sonic.smelly deterents sdont work
    myself i throw a big brick at them ...it if contacts i dodnt see the cat again for a long period.Used to use a bait caterpult at them witha spud in the end..but i was lousy shot....enededup with spuds all over the garden.
    Now the walk on top of the fence and sit on shed rooff and run like hell if i come out.
    There not much good at squirrel catching either....cats have never caught one! lol

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

A water pistol (the big ones!) is much better and much more fun. It works on sodding magpies on the bird table too.

8. And you could try lengths of hosepipe - some cats thing they are snakes and avoid!
    I use catsoff and sod the expense - it works! Pepper and other powders work well too.
    I use the hosepipe instead of a water pistol. Mine is always plugged in.....
    And no I don't have cats, most round here are semi feral - but the big black tom just thinks he owns the whole village - and his owner is a ***!

9. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

If a cat has pooped near plants you want would usually eat raw, then you'd best not use those plants. Not worth thr risk.
    Clear away the poo and leave the area to weather for several weeks

10. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

Get a dog, ours chases the sodding cats out of our garden. I don't want cat faeces on my vegetables, if I find any more the neighbours can have my dog's poop chucked into their garden.

11. lapinrose

lapinrose Lead commenter

I don't mind MY PETS in my garden, I just don't want next door's cats using it as a lavatory place.

12. Plant some lemon verbena, lemon thyme, geraniums and other smelly things and it should deter cats. They seem quite fond of peeing on parsley so I wonder if something attracts them?

13. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Oooh arrrrr!
    [​IMG]

14. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Have we been pressganged? I didn't see a pound coin in my cuppa!

15. Well at least if you use it and then somebody insults your cooking and says it tastes like poo, they may have a valid point.
    Infact, it could add to the flavour in a positive way.

Ms. E. Greendrawers.
    (Someone that has green fingers and sometimes brown ones too)