1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cat owners, do you buy Whiskas sachets in Jelly?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Spanakopita, Feb 1, 2011.

1. cinnamonsquare

cinnamonsquare Occasional commenter

Very true! I made an emergency purchase of the Science Plan stuff (too expensive for regular buying) and he then went on hunger strike for a week when we tried to go back to Whiskas dry (had just bought in about half a tonne of it too!). Seems happy enough with GoCat biscuits and will usually trample to death any living object in his path when he hears a Whiskas pouch being opened.
    I agree with you though, nutella. He doesn't seem as keen on the jelly ones anymore. He'll often leave half of it, or if it's the beef one, leave it untouched. He loves the Oh So Fishy though

2. Doglover

Doglover Occasional commenter

They are far too fussy, Nutella, lol.
    My cat sometimes looks at me when I put her food out, as if to say, "Is that it?"
    She has delusions of grandeur! She forgets she was rescued, pregnant and homeless off the street. I do remind her from time to time, but she ignores me ;)

3. One of mine has completely gone off Felix sachet too. She normally eats anything (leftovers, plastic wrappers, etc...) but wont touch her food at the moment. I was a bit worried as shes just been on medication for a flea allergy, but when I gave her a bit of cheese she scoffed that.
    I might try a different brand tomorrow.

4. We buy our Whiskers at Sainsburys too and my cat has completly refused to eat the Jelly one for a while. Now she's gone off the gravy one and had to switch to another brand. Don't know if she's being a git or they have genuinely different and she doesn't like it

5. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Mine have gone off it too. We thought it was just the cats having an off day but it seems tgere are lots of cats going off it.

6. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Of course,we all know that a cat would rather starve than eating food they don't like anymore! Doesn't matter if said food was yesterday's favourite,it's today's poison!

7. catmother

catmother Star commenter

Sounds like mine,she can gives right disgusted looks!

8. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

At the moment, mine will only eat Whiskas fish with jelly, he's lulling me into a false sense of security until I buy huge amounts, at which point he will change his mind and accuse me of poisoning him!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

They ARE different. The bits are a different colour and there is hardly any jelly. I'm going to take mine back to Sainsbury's tomorrow and get my money back.' Waste not want not' I understand even if the cats don't!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I think I will write to 'Whiskas' about it too. I bet it's a cost cutting exercise.

11. Mine currently eats s follows

Felix pouch in jelly ... licks jelly off

Comes to complain that we are starving him

I add a handful of GoCat

He then eats it all

Weirdo

12. My cats are such gorbs. They go mental and claw up my leg (ouch) if I open a packet of ham for sandwiches, or use scissors to cut up raw chicken.

13. giraffe

giraffe New commenter

Possibly the manufacturers are using an inferior kind of pony as ingredient at the moment?
    [​IMG]

14. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I only buy whatever's on offer in Sainsbury's and the moggy sometimes turns her nose up at the odd sachet now and again. If she's being a complete whingebag she gets some bickies instead, but I usually leave the teatime meat out 'til morning before giving in to her unreasonable demands.

Since starting on the sachets, tins are now completely below her. Spoilt furbag.

15. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I should add that in retaliation she has recently started puking on my broadband router, which sits on her favourite windowsill.

16. Ah yes ... I like to pay a lot for cat food ... the quality of vomit is much better

17. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

My Little John poos in the plughole in the bath sometimes. It really hacks me off.

I have sent a complaint to Whiskas on their website because I think there's something fishy going on with their fish sachets.

18. It sounds like 8 out of 10 cats detest it!

19. Paradoxicalgirly

Paradoxicalgirly New commenter

Ours have gone off Whiskas recently. On Felix now. One of them is a fussy little madam and will go off things quite randomly - but my big cat's a proper greedy guts and normally eats everything put in front of him!