1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Castles topic- anyone point me in the direction of good resources?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Dalian Daisy, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Hello, About to start this topic for the first time with Y2 & was wondering if anyone has done it before & can point me in the right direction for some good resources. I have the hot topics book on castles which is quite good & have looked at the 'happening history' website who come to schools & do workshops/displays on castle life- has anyone had these people at their school or a similar thing they would recommend? There's not much on TES resources sadly. Ta!

2. Hello, About to start this topic for the first time with Y2 & was wondering if anyone has done it before & can point me in the right direction for some good resources. I have the hot topics book on castles which is quite good & have looked at the 'happening history' website who come to schools & do workshops/displays on castle life- has anyone had these people at their school or a similar thing they would recommend? There's not much on TES resources sadly. Ta!

3. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

5. comenius

comenius New commenter

6. Earl Davids wife

Earl Davids wife New commenter

7. ballerina

ballerina New commenter

Hi, I've used the Happening History people for the beginning of my Castles topic and they were amazing - got so much work out of it! We are also using 'Sir Teachalot' to come to our medieval banquet after helping to slay the dragon!

8. Thank you soooo much! The workshops were just what I was looking for, the paperwork for trips outisde the classroom is just horrendous so this could be fab!! Will ring all 3 on Monday but do like the look & sound of Sirteachalot!!!