1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Castle Role Play Ideas! Please Help!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by hayley1611, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Hi, I am an NQT for September with a Year 1 class. My Topic is Castles, so ive turned my role play area into a castle. Ive got dressing up costumes, key words and pictures/photos already in my role play area, but I just cant think of any inspiring ideas of Role play activities to put in there?
    Any ideas would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks

2. Hi, I am an NQT for September with a Year 1 class. My Topic is Castles, so ive turned my role play area into a castle. Ive got dressing up costumes, key words and pictures/photos already in my role play area, but I just cant think of any inspiring ideas of Role play activities to put in there?
    Any ideas would be very much appreciated!
    Thanks

3. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

4. Hi Hayley,
    Congratulations and Good Luck for your NQT Year.
    I have a fabulous book on ideas for learning through play.
    It is called 'A Corner to Learn' by Neil Griffiths.
    [​IMG]
    I has a section on Castles. It gives lots of fabulous ideas on how to construct a your castle, plus props and accessories, craft activities, language development, possible characters and structured play opportunities. I would definitely recommend purchasing this book.
    Good Luck and enjoy
    [​IMG]