1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cash...

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Cashworth24, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Cashworth24

Cashworth24 New commenter

I'm in two minds about a car. I think I might hire one for a couple of weeks and see how I get on.

I arrived last night and everything is going well so far. I don't start work until saturday, excited and nervous all at the same time.

Thanks everyone for your help x

Mr_Frosty likes this.
  2. Mr_Frosty

Mr_Frosty Established commenter

A car can make life easier but it's far from essential. Get a license, which is easy, and then see how you feel and how much you're spending - to rent a Yaris/Fluence/Lancer is exactly twice as much as I spend a month on taxi fares to and from work and when i go out in the even or weekend I'm usually having a drink so I wouldn't be driving anyway. I do hire a car for weekends sometimes and find indigo on Reem the cheapest place for short term.

3. carrickally

carrickally New commenter

Good luck in the new job and enjoy living on Reem! I am on the island too and find it a decent base.