1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cash for gold!!!!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by deleted551, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Just had an amazing day. Rummaged through my jewellery box and found a good handful of bits and bobs of broken jewellery, unworn bits, odd earrings, stuff I justdidn't like or want any more, and sent it off to postgoldforcash.com and got back £835! Awesome....and seriously, it wasn't a huge amount of gold in my opinion. I did do my research and found this company offers the best price, and I am just so thrilled! £835 for my broken and unwanted jewellery. I'm off to see if I can find any more!
    Give it a go!

2. Just had an amazing day. Rummaged through my jewellery box and found a good handful of bits and bobs of broken jewellery, unworn bits, odd earrings, stuff I justdidn't like or want any more, and sent it off to postgoldforcash.com and got back £835! Awesome....and seriously, it wasn't a huge amount of gold in my opinion. I did do my research and found this company offers the best price, and I am just so thrilled! £835 for my broken and unwanted jewellery. I'm off to see if I can find any more!
    Give it a go!

3. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

I definitely haven't got any. [​IMG]
    Next door are out though, perhaps I'll be able to find some round there! [​IMG]

4. omg - that is fantastic - i thought from the dodgy ad's theyd be trying to short change people- but that is a substantial amount! well done you! i'm off for a rumage!!

5. I guess that it was good stuff to begin with?

6. Yes it was but mostlty it was stuff I've collected or bought over the years. When I was younger I couldn't afford such nice stuff so a lot was hollow 9ct gold. I'm just amazed at how much it all was when added up. Honestly, they take anything and if I hadn't worn it for years I figured I'd never wear it again. I'd given two lovely rings to my daughter (one was my wedding ring with her father and the other a heart shaped diamond in white gold) so the rest I just bagged up and posted off.
    I did do my homework first though, and this company is definitely the best.

7. I have just been and found a whole load more....it's just worth more to me in ££££££ than sitting in my jewellery box doing nothing. I am going to put all the cash together and buy one big, fat, sparkly, beautiful ring that I will wear and enjoy.

8. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

Your house is now on my list to burgle. [​IMG]

9. lol! [​IMG]
    You'll have to get past my man-eating Jack Russell first!

10. One of our parents was kind enought to email the school with the advice that although the one that advertises on TV sends you the bag, if you don't like their price, you have to pay to have the stuff returned by courier or registered delivery, that costs a fortune.

11. My friend gave me her old wedding ring made of platinum and white gold. She wants me to flog it to get some money but I'm guessing these post your gold places don't take gold mixed with platinum??

12. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

How come so many people have got vast quantities of gold lying about all over the shop?! Is this normal? Where is the cave, and is the code still "Open sesame"?

13. We took all my mother-in-laws stuff to the pawn-broker when she died! Paid for a nice wake!

14. The one I use does take mixed metals. Lily, I take your point which is why I did my research first. I was more than happy with the price for a load of broken, unworn and unwanted pieces. I don't have the time or inclination to pace the jewellery shops in and around where I live to gain a couple more quid.
    I am happy and that is why I've told people on here. I think some of the companies are less satisfactory than the one I use.

15. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

Can I have half the cash please? See - I didn't ask for all of it, so I was being polite and I think you should give it to me.

16. I've found one odd earring if you'd like it?

17. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

Oh thanks! Is it diamond encrusted and a personal gift from Queen Victoria to your Great Granny with a letter proving it or anything? Just wondering....

18. Not quite....sorry! However I do know someone who has a pair of gold cufflinks that were given to his father by King George V1 and two pairs of solid silver candlesticks that were gifts from Sir Winston Churchill (and engraved to say so!). Don't reckon on my chances of getting my hands on any of it though! [​IMG]

19. Samjam1

Samjam1 New commenter

Does he have a dog? A burglar alarm? Again, just wondering...

20. Yes, and yes and panic buttons in every room!