1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Case studies

Discussion in 'Business studies' started by hendo2015, Mar 19, 2017.

1. hendo2015

hendo2015 New commenter

Hi
    I'm very new, having recently stepped in for a clooeague to left suddenly. I'm teaching BTEC Level 2 Unit 8 and I'm looking for case studies so that the students can compare job roles and the roles of departments in different businesses. I've found the businesscasestudies.co.uk and times100 websites but they seem to be down. Any help would be very much appreciated!

2. frangipani123

frangipani123 Lead commenter

There's a website for Australian High School students which has case studies:

http://www.afrbiz.com.au/index.html

There used to be one for the Irish Times (similar but different to The Times) but I can't see it.

Hope this helps.

3. frangipani123

frangipani123 Lead commenter

4. hendo2015

hendo2015 New commenter

Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate the effort! I couldn't find the kind of case studies I need for BTEC level 2 though I'm afraid. I tried emailing lots of companies a couple of weeks ago as well but no luck.

I know I'm new but am I missing something here? Shouldn't there be loads of easily accessible information if this is a national qualification? What does everyone else do?

Many thanks if anyone can shed some light

5. bonjovifan35

bonjovifan35 New commenter

Consider visiting / approaching some local businesses. I teach GCSE Applied Business which includes looking at functional areas and job roles. Merlin Group have good resources. I also got some fantastic ones from Colchester Zoo. I'd also look at the zigzag resources to see if they have a pack to support the unit

6. Thanks for the sources!

7. dog_walker

dog_walker New commenter

pick a big business and scour their website.. AO.com are a great example with quite a lot of staff

8. hendo2015

hendo2015 New commenter

Thank you to everyone for their ideas. In the end we found a few companies that just about listed enough information on their websites (Sainsbury's and Nike for example) and I found a folder of case studies produced by The Times.

9. leemurphy1

leemurphy1 New commenter

See image attached - information is from the VUE website as I interpreted it. This is part of the Edexcel GCSE 9-1 Business Revision PowerPoint available on Amazon.

Attached Files: