1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Case studies needed - can any private tutors help?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by TheTutorWebsite, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,
    Following an ongoing survey that I posted on the forum a few weeks ago - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CBKZMH3, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in being a case study for an article I'm writing about private tuition as an alternative income to teaching.
    I would be looking to hear from anyone who is a qualified teacher and currently works full-time as a private tutor.
    I would like to ask some questions on how you got started working as a private tutor. The information would be included within the body of the article.
    If anyone can help or would like to know more, please send me a private message via the TES Connect website (click on our profile icon and choose 'send message').
    Any participation would be much appreciated.
    Regards,
    Jamie.

*Permission to post request has been granted by TES Connect.

2. adamcreen

adamcreen Occasional commenter

Here's a quote from one of your tutors in Surrey:

"As I have not gone through teacher training, I bring a unique approach to the table and make the subject fun and therefore enable your child to learn more."

As a teacher, this worries me, and if I was a parent considering a tutor, it would probably worry me too.