1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Case Studies for AQA MEST3

Discussion in 'Media studies' started by joannelovesbooks, Oct 5, 2015.

1. joannelovesbooks

joannelovesbooks New commenter

I am teaching AQA A2 for the first time and I am finding that my students are struggling to poinpoint what to look into for their Identities and the Media case studies. One student wants to do ways in which the military is protrayed in the media and someone else wants to look at protrayals of Oscar Pretorius. Does that sound about right? Can anyone advise of topics which have worked well?

Thanks
    Joanne

2. emilylime

emilylime New commenter

A colleague let me copy this idea from her (photo attachment) - I am planning to use some of these with my current year 13s. One of my group last year looked at the construction of gender in children's programming and advertising which worked well and another looked at Coca Cola advertising and how it uses cultural identities. The first was very successful, the second has potential to be very interesting.

Attached Files:

3. joannelovesbooks

joannelovesbooks New commenter

Hi Emily

I think that will be really helpful thank you. Firstly, it confirms that the ideas and examples I have been giving my students are on the right lines (phew!) but secondly, there are some new ideas in there which I hadn't thought of and which might inspire some of them.

Thank you
    Joanne