1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cartoon animation software

Discussion in 'Primary' started by elizabeth1972, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Does anyone know of any free or online animation software that children can use to animate their own drawings?
    I've done stop frame animation this year, but with only 2 cameras for the whole class, it was incredibly frustrating for all of us!
    Thanks x

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

You don't actually 'animate' your own drawings, unless you produce a start and end frame and use morphing software to fill in the gaps - a process over which you have little control.
    Animation by drawing involves creating separate, slightly different drawings and then stitching them together with something like monkeyjam or GIF animator. You could do the whole process in Fireworks or Serif Drawplus, unless you just want to apply an animation effect (perhaps snow falling or stars glittering) in which case some graphic apps willl do that eg Photodraw

3. Raphella

Raphella New commenter

You can animate drawings with a program called crazytalk, I have used it lots and it is really easy to use and adaptable to a million uses! But its not free or online i'm afraid :-(
    You can get a free 15 day trial here though: www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/crazytalk_trial.asp

Hope that helps,