1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cars...cars...???? Cars!

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by daisymay8, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    Well, my children seem to love cars so i was thinking of doing a car theme week soon but I need some ideas! I am sat here really struggling to fill in my planning grid so any help would be so greatly appreciated!
    Thank you
    Daisy May
    xxx

2. Hi everyone,
    Well, my children seem to love cars so i was thinking of doing a car theme week soon but I need some ideas! I am sat here really struggling to fill in my planning grid so any help would be so greatly appreciated!
    Thank you
    Daisy May
    xxx

3. We did a lovely topic on this last year, outside garage role play with toy car, planks and bricks for a ramp, seclection of tools and washing things + office table with pictorial MOT forms, phone and diary.
    Drove a car and motor bike onto the playground and looked at them v. carefully and drew them.
    Parent came with an army truck and ambulance for the children to look at. Looked at the flying car from chitty chitty bang bang and they made their own fantasy vehicles.
    painting using toy cars driven through paint! Outside painting riding bikes through paint!
    We also visited a local garage to start the topic. (Careful planning and risk assessment). Hope this is useful!

4. I can send you a poster of ar words with a car as the cue picture. I also have a card game that can be used just as an /ar/ word making exercise or a game of pairs. Children pick up the front & back of a car & keep the pair if they make a word. Might be useful as little extras. The children could make their own posters of ar words with their own car picture writing the words on the car or around it.

5. email for ar poster & card game as above:
    margaret2612@btinternet.com