1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Carrying sketchbooks

Discussion in 'Art and design' started by topofthemornintoya, Nov 7, 2018.

1. topofthemornintoya

topofthemornintoya New commenter

Bit of a random one- what do people use to carry sketchbooks for marking?
    I’ve used a little trolley in the past but they don’t last long!

2. Mrs Grumpy

Mrs Grumpy New commenter

I wouldn't carry them in anything.
    Look at them, and discuss them with students as/ when they are USING them to work, but they should be with the student of they're to be useful as a resource. Students are aware if you know what they're doing, and comment on it, but I'd certainly think no trolley could really cope, and why should you cart them around?
    ( Not quite the same, but I solved a problem of not being able to get into "my" room to mark, etc., when not teaching by processing at the head of a crocodile of pupils, all bearing their (slightly damp) work, to the staffroom, taking each piece from them at the door, and spreading all over the entire place to mark a set of work, when a comment had been made that there wasn't as much time needed for marking Art as "Real" subjects. That made my point that I had to be able to use my room when I was on non-contact, and brought home to other staff that if wasn't a simple process of "tick ... B+" and on to the next!! You might want to try something similar)
    Don't give yourself backache!