1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Carousel Activities

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Willsmum79, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Willsmum79

Willsmum79 New commenter

Does anyone else in Y1 or Y2 plan Literacy and Numeracy using a carousel system?

My Y1 team have been doing this for eighteen months - since they were both employed by the school. When I look through the planning, I notice that the input from the class teacher doesn't always match the activities the children are doing.

But they say it works and since they have done it for 2 years, and had SLT observations (though not by the HT) and OFSTED, they are sticking with it. Because of what they said, I feel like I have no choice in the matter (I am new to Y1!)

Observations are in a couple of weeks. We share planning. I am concerned that my observation won't go down too well due to the nature of the planning and teaching system in Y1. Part of me wants to change it on my day BUT then SLT won't see what it is like and part of me wants to keep it as is but worried that this will end up with me having very negative feedback DESPITE me raising concerns to SLT (though not the HT).

Any advice?