1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

'Carnival Days' Poem - heard of it?

Discussion in 'English' started by BlueSky1, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Hi, I'm currently in the process of creating a new scheme based on African Poetry.
    I've found a really good link at english-teaching, including a ppt on Ben Zeph. It refers to 'Carnival Days' but I'm having no joy finding a copy of the poem. Not sure if Ben Z actually wrote it either!
    Does anyone know of this poem? If so, can you send me a copy or provide a link I can use?
    Many thanks in advance.
    BlueSky

2. Hi, I'm currently in the process of creating a new scheme based on African Poetry.
    I've found a really good link at english-teaching, including a ppt on Ben Zeph. It refers to 'Carnival Days' but I'm having no joy finding a copy of the poem. Not sure if Ben Z actually wrote it either!
    Does anyone know of this poem? If so, can you send me a copy or provide a link I can use?
    Many thanks in advance.
    BlueSky

3. JJO

JJO

4. Hi, is there any chance you could send this to me too? I am also searching for the Poem Time by BZ which I cannot, as yet, find!

5. Have you still got a copy of carnival days? I'm desperately trying to find it on the internet but no joy, would be very grateful if you could send across?
    heather.gordon84@yahoo.co.uk
    Thank you in advance!!

6. Lidnod

Lidnod Occasional commenter

Carnival Days is by Benjamin Zephaniah from Too Black, Too Strong - just in case any of you would actually like to buy the book. You can't expect to find every poem online for free!