1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Carmarthenshire supply list?

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by Loony tunes, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

I met someone recently who said she'd heard that Carmarthenshire had started holding a supply list again. Does anyone know anything about it?
    Thanks

2. Loony tunes

Loony tunes New commenter

I met someone recently who said she'd heard that Carmarthenshire had started holding a supply list again. Does anyone know anything about it?
    Thanks

3. hi, I was just wondering whether you ever found out any more information about supply in Carmarthenshire? I've been trying to find a number that I can ring to register with Camrarthenshire LEA but no success

4. Hi, thanks for the reply. I also phoned the LEA and got the same response, seems silly to me that they don't have a list, as it would save all the hassle of ringing individual schools. Hmmm! Have you managed to sort yourself out with some supply?

5. Schools wish they had an up to date list provided by the LEA as well. However, the maintenance of such a list would be a huge demand on resources, and would depend on every supply teacher informing the LEA of their availability. Some supply teachers also are only willing to work in certain classes or schools, and this would be impossible to build in to the system, unless there was a financial incentive, which of course the supply agencies have.

6. Hi there Loony Tunes. Sorry for the really slow reply, I tend to forget about the Cymru forum, shock horror! How's the hunt for supply going? I've had a sum total of 9 days since the start of September, eeeeks! I'm seriously considering a career change at the moment [​IMG]

7. Carmarthenshire are telling most people to join IntroTeach they seem to be the biggest agency with Carmarthenshire ex-headmasters working for them. Look them up. IntroTeach is the Education side of the company and IntroSport is the sport side.
    Hope that helps