1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Caribbean wow day - please help!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by lucywag, Apr 18, 2012.

1. We are starting our new topic, The Caribbean, next week. It is school policy to have a 'wow day' at the beginning of the theme and should excite and motivate the children.
    We are going to do some cooking (rice and peas and fruit smoothies) and play cricket as part of a carousel of activities. We will be doing some calypso music too.
    I would like to do something crafty and perhaps an arty task too. We need to have a carousel of activites for about 55 children and three adults to last a whole day. I have drawn a bit of a blank...any thoughts??
    Any other suggestions gratefully received!!

2. We are starting our new topic, The Caribbean, next week. It is school policy to have a 'wow day' at the beginning of the theme and should excite and motivate the children.
    We are going to do some cooking (rice and peas and fruit smoothies) and play cricket as part of a carousel of activities. We will be doing some calypso music too.
    I would like to do something crafty and perhaps an arty task too. We need to have a carousel of activites for about 55 children and three adults to last a whole day. I have drawn a bit of a blank...any thoughts??
    Any other suggestions gratefully received!!