1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cargo/ Shipping companies from UK to the ME

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by teachtronic, Jan 27, 2019.

1. teachtronic

teachtronic New commenter

Hello everyone,

Has anyone got any positive experiences with companies who offer shipping to countries in the ME (Qatar/ UAE)?
    I have used Pickfords for moving to Qatar in the past and i must say their service was great but they came with an expensive price tag.
    • Are there any other reputable companies you could recommend and have had dealings with?
    • Any idea of what the costs/ rates are?
    • Has the blockade affected shipping to Qatar?
    Im currently trying to plan ahead before potentially moving to the ME (pending on some job applications) so would like explore options. i welcome your help!

2. 576

576 Established commenter

I used transglobal express from UK to Asia.

teachtronic likes this.
  3. teachtronic

teachtronic New commenter

Was it a door to door service?

4. 576

576 Established commenter

Yep

5. markedout

markedout Occasional commenter

I used Anglo Pacific from London to Dubai last summer. No problems at all.

6. february31st

february31st Established commenter

If you are bringing less than 200kg you can use the extra baggage payment. You can book additional baggage around 100GBP per case and ship 22.5kg, some airlines allow you 10 extra bags EACH.

Advantage been you do not have to wait for your visa before you can get your belongings into the country and have them from day one.

You can buy a large 100Lt sports bag from Mike Ashley for 9.99GBP.