1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Careers Resources

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by doczoc, Jan 19, 2012.

1. doczoc

doczoc New commenter

Hi all
    I've been tasked with coming up with a careers curriculum for my school. I have never taught it before and have no idea about resources. Can someone point me in the direction of resources, paid for or otherwise, that they might have used and recommend. Don't know if I've posted this in the right section.

Thanks or your help

2. doczoc

doczoc New commenter

Hi all
    I've been tasked with coming up with a careers curriculum for my school. I have never taught it before and have no idea about resources. Can someone point me in the direction of resources, paid for or otherwise, that they might have used and recommend. Don't know if I've posted this in the right section.

Thanks or your help

3. Contact your local careers office. In my part of the world it is careers wales.

4. Hi
    Have you tried CEGNET, a careers professionals website? It is really useful. You should get hold of the " which way Now " resource which the Gov gave out 2 years ago. You should find info about it on Cegnet Also I have found some very good stuff on the Derby Connexions site and the welsh connexions site. Prospects is the company that has most of the careers resources. Hope this is useful.

5. amarantha_valentine

amarantha_valentine New commenter

In addition to the other suggestions. Try looking at Open Doors Media, they have created a careers magazine that is really useful. There are loads of individual careers sites for different careers pathways. You need to take a rounded approach and look at more than just different options.

6. Lulabell77

Lulabell77 New commenter

http://www.nicurriculum.org.uk/key_stage_3/areas_of_learning/learning_for_life_and_work/employability.asp
    The above website has some links and resources for the revised curriculum in Northern Ireland for Education for Employability.
    Some of the resources are great, I use them in our school.

7. doczoc

doczoc New commenter

Thanks for all your helpful replies. I do want to take a fairly PSD approach to it but at the moment I'm in lessons flying blind LOL

Thanks again!