1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Careers Education Resources??

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by darcylou, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Hi everyone,

I am soon going to be taking on the role careers coordinator. Just wondering if anyone out there has any ideas for resources, year 9-11? How could it be spiced up? The cegnet schemes of work are a bit dry and I want to make it less didactic! I have looked everywhere for resources but many seem to be ICT based and that is a bit of an issue in my school. Any ideas would be really appreciated!
    Darcy.

2. Hi Darcy,
    Channel 4 Education have created a resource site for careers last year called Insiders:
    https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6043369
    http://www.insiderjob.co.uk
    Hope that's of some help,
    Channel 4 Education
    twitter.com/C4Education

3. Hi Darcy,

U-Explore provides careers education resources including downloadable schemes of work for KS3 and KS4, PLTS logs, Enterprise activities, and a range of interactive and media based content including videos of different employees and 360 tours of their working environments. Many of our resources can either be downloaded, used on individual PCs in ICT rooms, or projected from the front of the classroom.

Got to www.u-explore.com or email info@u-explore.com for more info.

Kind Regards,

Danielle

4. Hi Darcy
    You say your school is not very geared up for ICT. Careers4u.tv is a very easy to navigate site holding loads of interviews with young apprentices, employees and entrepreneurs. It's suitable for all skill levels from KS3 upwards. If you prefer, there are always the Careers4u.tv DVDs.

5. i have found the 'ways and choices' pack very good - yes actvities may start with info or workshets but have produced excellent debates - esp about stereotypes, jobs for life