1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Career path- where should i go next?

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by DED6710, Jan 3, 2011.

1. I have been a deputy for the past 4 years and recently achieved the npqh. I want to move my career on as soon as possible and would like to take up my first headship. The trouble is that I want to also have more children in the next year or two and therefore don't want to take up a headship and then go on maternity leave! I have thought about secondment as a head to another school for a fixed period but haven't found any opportunities for this in my area. What other options are there for career development? Ideally I want to move on from my school this year but don't want to really take another deputy post.

Any advice would be great!

2. I have been a deputy for the past 4 years and recently achieved the npqh. I want to move my career on as soon as possible and would like to take up my first headship. The trouble is that I want to also have more children in the next year or two and therefore don't want to take up a headship and then go on maternity leave! I have thought about secondment as a head to another school for a fixed period but haven't found any opportunities for this in my area. What other options are there for career development? Ideally I want to move on from my school this year but don't want to really take another deputy post.

Any advice would be great!