1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Career Development

Discussion in 'Professional development' started by karlpmcg1987, Sep 27, 2015.

1. karlpmcg1987

karlpmcg1987 New commenter

Hello, I am currently a member of a primary school Pastoral Team, my role is very much a mix of several, a bit Mentor+Welfare officer+Parent support worker. I work primarily with pupil premium children helping to identify barriers to learning and setting up strategies as well as occasionally working with outside agencies to the benefit of the child. I am also responsible for co ordinating volunteers and activities at lunch and playtimes and i run the school council. I initially thought i would teach but have since decided that i really don't want to, but i still want to move forward and develop in an educational setting. Has anyone got any advice, for course strategies etc.

2. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

To be honest the sort of job you want probably does not exist

3. DYNAMO67

DYNAMO67 Lead commenter

What I mean is that if you don't want to teach, your options are limited in an educational setting.