1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Career counselling

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by mincepie1964, Jun 3, 2017.

1. mincepie1964

mincepie1964 New commenter

Hello,
    I have been teaching for 24 years, 10 of which in international schools. I came back to the UK 5 years ago, went back to college in the to do a Professional Diploma in Therapeutic counselling giving me the chance to become school counsellor. Since then I was able to teach Health and Social Care and Psychology in a college. Itching to go abroad again, I am now applying for positions as counsellor in international schools but most of them seem to require experience in career guidance and college applications, which I don't really have. I am thinking of doing an accredited online course at level 4 in Career Counselling to gain the knowledge and confidence. If you are or have been in this situation, I would be grateful for any advice. I have worked as a school counsellor for many years now in the UK and abroad but just don't feel confident about the career side of the job.