1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Career change from primary

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by clairev10, Aug 17, 2012.

  1. Any ideas anyone?
    I've just completed a second degree in Psychology, have been a primary teacher for about 8 years (4 were supply) and have taught EFL abroad. The only problem is I am on UPS now and have obviously got used to an ok wage. I really want more of a challenge, does anyone have ideas? I don't want to go down the Ed Psych route as I can't be bothered to do a PhD, I've had it with studying for now. I never intended to be a teacher really, just wanted the points to get into Oz and things changed. I'm 34 btw.
    Any advice/ideas hugely appreciated.

  2. Middlemarch

    Middlemarch Star commenter

    Do Ed Psychs need a PhD? Since when?
  3. Since 2006, when the required qualification to become an educational psychologist in England and Wales changed from a 1-year Masters to a 3-year doctorate. It is an applied doctorate by the way, not a PhD, meaning it consists of academic (university-based) learning, plus practice-based workplace experience, plus a thesis research project - this is different to a PhD which is a 3-year research project focused on a single topic/question.

Share This Page