1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cardiff Met PGCE Secondary Drama

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by MrTricks, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Had the very good news earlier this afternoon that I have been accepted onto Cardiff Met's PGCE Secondary Drama - a huge relief! Any other new starters out there?

2. Anyone? No one? Will I be the only student?! :(

3. I got into Cardiff met too :) you from Cardiff?

4. I'm about forty minutes away. You on Drama or a different subject? :)

5. Any more for any more? Otherwise there's just the two of us!

6. Any more for any more?

7. There's a Facebook group, too!

8. Anybody else joining us this year?

9. I'll be applying this year. Any advice on interviews etc?

10. Hi all, congratulations for those of you who were offered places. I have finished my year and, hands down, it was the most challenging, exhausting, all-consuming but rewarding year of my life. You'll be stressed, you'll feel you don't know anything (even in the last month of the course I still had days where I felt like I had never set foot in a classroom before) but you will also learn enormous amounts and enjoy it. Brush up on your subject knowledge, research the schools in the area and practice your spelling, grammar and written expression: the subject tutor is hardcore when it comes to writing. Make sure you know how to use apostrophes correctly. If you want any advice or have any questions feel free to message me here and I'll do my best to answer. I also managed to secure a post at a lovely school, as did the vast majority of the cohort, so the quality of the teachers graduating is very high. We were also the only subject (I think) who ended the course with the same amount of teachers as started.

11. I'll be starting the PGCE Secondary English at Cardiff Met in September :D So excited!!!