1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Car museums/ car shows

Discussion in 'Personal' started by goonergirl2009, Feb 16, 2012.

1. goonergirl2009

goonergirl2009 New commenter

I was hoping someone could recommend a car museum or show for someone who enjoys racing cars and classic cars? Preferably in North England but not necessarily! Thanks in advance!

2. goonergirl2009

I was hoping someone could recommend a car museum or show for someone who enjoys racing cars and classic cars? Preferably in North England but not necessarily! Thanks in advance!

3. whapbapboogy

whapbapboogy New commenter

Beaulieu national motor museum is great for both- but unfortunately it's in Hampshire! :0(

4. copycat

copycat Occasional commenter

I'm sure there is a car museum in Keswick, Lake District.

5. What about the Transport Museum in Coventry and the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon (a little further south and just off the M40)

6. Haynes Motor Museum is good. Lovely set of red sports cars as you go in. Mr Side loved it. But that is doon sooth too.

7. goonergirl2009

Thank you all for the suggestions! I have tried searching on the internet but have no idea which ones are good! I am hoping to take my hubby and daughter for a surprise trip for my hubby's birthday!

8. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

the one at gaydon is pretty good, but the beaulieu one was really disappointing.

9. goonergirl2009

Thanks again!

10. jacob

jacob Lead commenter

The Mouldsworth one I went to in the late 90s, it was particlulary heaving with nostalgia with all the typical British cars of the 50s and 60s that were on the roads when I was a kid.

11. I couldn't agree more, total surprise at what they have, and their events:
    http://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/