1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Capital punishment - resource to challege G&T Year 10?

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by Angek, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Hi all,

Only a few weeks left hoorah - and teh perfect time to have your performace review....mmm! :)
    I am planning non religious attitudes GCSE and need an article or resource for independent work to stretch a very clever Year 10 girl - she already knows alot about the issue so looking to add value for her! She is interested in the human right side and is anti...any thoughts or experiences would be fab!
    Thanks
    A x

2. grandelf

grandelf New commenter

have a look on true tube, there is a case study on there she might find interesting!

3. durgamata

durgamata Occasional commenter

Hi guys,

I had a funny evening, at the University where I come to work sometimes (my old uni where I am still an Associate Member - I do my printing here and work in the computer room which is also a canteen. It's relaxed and you meet interesting people.

Anyway I was printing out some of the books I've put on resources - (Johar's poem, Twenty World Views and What Amazes You Most. I will take these with me to the Education Festival this weekend to try to promote RE.) and got into conversation with an interesting student. He's a bit of an 'odd ball' but interested in religion and philosophy. I don't need any encouragement to talk about such subjects but I couldn't continue with 'concentrated work' preparing more materials to print out - so I came to see what's here.

I read this one and have been researching Capital Punishment while continuing with the conversation ever since. This part of the library is open all night and he has just ordered us a pizza to share! I guess we have been talking on and off (he goes out from time to time for a cigarette) for about 3 hours.

Anyway, at least it means that I have a good collection of related book reviews and videos to check out. I like the Human Rights Video best.

And I didn't even get on to True Tube. That comes from being dyslexic and misreading things. I thought that you had written YouTube

any way I hope the links I have identified are helpful. When I have time - probably next week - I will go through the contacts and give a bit of info about each one, but at least its somewhere to start

4. Have a look on the Amnesty International website. I used a great pack from them last year on the Death Penalty - not sure if it's still available - it prompted much debate with my very bright top set.

5. THANKS ALL!

6. Ask her to do a 'case study' on Levi Bellfield. The immediacy of the story and the age of Millie makes it hard to approach it just as an academic analysis. If she is anti, how would she explain her views to Gemma Dowler?