1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Capability procedures

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Hockeymum, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Has anyone got advice about capability procedures regarding leading on behaviour management. Is is realistic to expect quantifiable success on practically every area of behaviour, sen achievement, 6th form achievement (having not been responsible previously), in a period of six weeks? Should support and suggestions as to how improvements can be made be offered by the person leading the procedure? I know the procedure is confidential, but should governors be made aware that it is taking place? There is no concern regarding the teaching abilities of the person concerned. Any help or advice would be most appreciated. Thank you.

2. Has anyone got advice about capability procedures regarding leading on behaviour management. Is is realistic to expect quantifiable success on practically every area of behaviour, sen achievement, 6th form achievement (having not been responsible previously), in a period of six weeks? Should support and suggestions as to how improvements can be made be offered by the person leading the procedure? I know the procedure is confidential, but should governors be made aware that it is taking place? There is no concern regarding the teaching abilities of the person concerned. Any help or advice would be most appreciated. Thank you.

3. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

It doesn't to me
    In my experience the CoG would know, and it might be noted in the HT's report that 'a member of staff has entered the Capability Proceedures'.

4. foxtail3

foxtail3 Star commenter

It is reasonable to expect that the person would be able to produce data to show progress for various cohorts over time. After six weeks, they may be able to show progress from one assessment to the next - spring 1 to spring 2 for example. SEND pupil data should show progress in the same way as other groups (albeit at a slower pace possibly.) Progress in behaviour is more difficult to quantify and would depend on what data was available initially and how it has been tracked over the six weeks.