1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Canterbury 2012 Secondary

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by pauljon1603, Feb 2, 2012.

1. I started this for people like us.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=36186743#post36186743

2. inara14

inara14 New commenter

I have n interview coming up for 11-18 R.E at CCCU and was wondering how people found their interview experience?

3. Hey,
    I think you might be the same person who posted this on the student room forum too.
    I wrote a reply on there but incase its not you I will write one on here too!
    My interview was for Psychology (14-19) so might not be that similar but I had a really nice interview, it was quite relaxed and more like a chat really! We had a group session where we had a small presentation on what makes a good teacher. We also had the maths and literacy tests which were pretty easy. So all in all, quite a good interview.
    Best of luck with yours :)

4. My interview was meant to be 9.30 til 5 like yours says but it ran from 9.30 until about 2ish - but there were only four of us at the interview so it didnt take that long for the woman to interview us!
    Yes I've got a place for September which I am very excited about!! After my interview I was convinced I hadn't got in because I only had two weeks experience in a school but it must've gone better than I thought lol!
    Hope yours goes well.

5. MissHLG are you moving into the area. I am going to be looking to share, and I guess it would make sense to be with other PGCE students.

6. Hey pauljon,
    Since I only live an hour from Canterbury I was advised to keep living at home so I won't be relocating. I'm sure others will be though so you could try here and student room, would probably be good to live with PGCE students! Wish I could relocate tbh!
    How far away from Canterbury are you living at the moment?

7. About a 3 hour drive away . They did say not to move to Canterbury at the interview, because Kent is large and probably wouldn't be at a school in Canterbury. I will get in touch with the accommodation office in the next few weeks I think.