1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can't wait for this year to be over

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by allotmentlady, May 1, 2012.

1. allotmentlady

allotmentlady New commenter

I am tired. Of schools walking over you. Of SLT changing thier minds. Of shifting paperwork and ticking boxes. It narks me I have to do an evidence file for no apparent reason.
    I am on a temporary contract which apparently allows you never to feel part of the team. 11 weeks and counting.Can;t wait to start my permanent job in September and hoping it won;t be similar to the "outstanding" environment that I am in now...Anyone else feel the same?

2. allotmentlady

allotmentlady New commenter

I am tired. Of schools walking over you. Of SLT changing thier minds. Of shifting paperwork and ticking boxes. It narks me I have to do an evidence file for no apparent reason.
    I am on a temporary contract which apparently allows you never to feel part of the team. 11 weeks and counting.Can;t wait to start my permanent job in September and hoping it won;t be similar to the "outstanding" environment that I am in now...Anyone else feel the same?

3. Outstanding schools can be awful places to work in.
    The school I am in now is graded good and is a delight, most of the time. My last school was graded outstanding (up from satisfactory three years ago) and was depressing.
    OFSTED and more headteachers need to realise that happy staff = happy pupils. Being graded outstanding shouldn't be the be all and end all.