1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

can't stop crying

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by cate50, Jun 14, 2012.

1. cate50

cate50 New commenter

thank you. I know that I should go to my GP but am also aware that any solution will not work for at least a month by which time this should all be over. I think the hardest thing is being told to "make time for yourself" or "give yourself a break" by the people who are assessing you and then having them raise the bar on you as soon as you do. I was given a day or two off time table to "restore" confidence and motivation last month. and temporarily it was great. The pressure lifted and I could look ahead with positivity and feel able to cope but the very moment I got back on track everything that I had missed in those days was thrown at me and the pressure was reapplied twofold. I think that feeling like a failure at every aspect of my life is starting to impact on my ability to think clearly. I am not able to complete tasks. Even simple ones. I feel like I should be able to cope with this and that, infact, it is a further failure that I am unable to do what others manage without so much anxiety. I will seek help for the future but currently I can only do my best whether it is good enough or not. I just have to get through two weeks and a mountain of work.

I also need a job! I am afraid that my lack of confidence has led me to not apply for some positions as I honestly don't believe I would be capable.

I will get there though. Thank you for listening. It helps. a lot.

Cate

2. I agree that you should get yourself to your Doctors are you are depressed and require support.[​IMG]

3. MrsArmitage

MrsArmitage Occasional commenter

When I reached a very similar state to you a couple of years ago, I was struck by how much more positive I felt after going to to docs, even though I knew it would take a few weeks for my new medication to kick in. Just the thought that I'd been brave enough to ask for help, and that I was doing something to improve my quality of life was enough to give me a small boost. It seems daft to think about looking forwards to one day and just feeling totally normal, but I almost got excited about it! If you don't ask for help now, you are just prolonging the period of time you feel rotten for. And no one will think you are weak (if they do, they're a tool!)- this isnt a very exclusive club, there are loads of us with membership cards!

Hope you feel better soon x

4. Cate- I feel the same too. Though my situation is a little different. I did a GTP two years ago in mainstream secondary Drama. Then did NQT year- found both tough at times and did some crying but nothing like at the level I have this year. In September I started working at an SEBD School (behavioural) as a general teacher (though my main subject is Drama). It is soooo tough! I keep trying to be positive but everytime something tough happens in knocks me down for days. On Wednesday I witnessed and intervened a brutal attack on one of the pupils. I was totally in shock and cried most of weds evening. Thursday...I got on with my work and avoided conversation with colleagues as I did not want to cry again. I then went on a team teach course Fri/Sat and yday just got hysterical and couldnt stop crying. I don't know what to do...school know I am struggling and asking for help but because I am still doing a good job no-one is doing anything except every now and again I cry on them! Don't want to go on anti-depressants as I am not depressed on the whole- just in relation to work. I also feel like everyone else is telling me to just not care and then I will be okay, but i want to care, i want to be outstanding/inspiring/passionate...I just want to bloody stop crying! x

5. IndigoandViolet

IndigoandViolet New commenter

Anti-depressants - it depends on your metabolism. Mine kick in after about 3 days. It's just a sucker if I miss one because I feel a definite dip.

Go to your doctor.