1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can't stop crying

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by msclaire, Mar 7, 2011.

1. I just feel like a complete and utter mess today. I ended up ringing in sick because I physically couldn't stop crying - this has never, ever happened to me before and I feel completely ridiculous. Nothing specific has happened at all, I can't put my finger on it, but the thought of going to work just makes me feel sick.
    I've felt a bit vaguely down for ages, loads of people at work have commented on it as I used to be so cheery, just figured it was winter blues but nothing like this has happened before... I'm just sitting here with a load of tissues crying my eyes out (resisting the urge to ring my Mum, quite sad when I'm in my twenties), and no idea what to do. I don't want to go to the doctors because it's just one really bad day and I don't want to blow it out of proportion, and I also feel dreadful because I lied to work - somehow couldn't quite tell the truth of 'I can't stop crying' as it makes me feel just ridiculous.
    I don't even know why I'm posting - I just needed a ramble I guess. This has never, ever happened to me before and I just feel completely stupid. I'm only in my second year of teaching... and this has just come from out of the blue. I feel so ridiculous as some people in the world have real problems, and just keep telling myself to get a grip, but still can't stop crying.
    :(

2. Hi, this has been me all week! Except I've been going to work and crying behind my desk instead. I'm on a maternity post right now so don't want to take time off when I need a shiny reference any time now. The kids here are a different kind of challenging to what I've experienced before and I've been told no or been spoken to like I'm some evil cow woman who asking the unreasonable more times than I can remember. I've come in every morning and told the HoD I don't want to be here and had 6 kids taken out of year 9 class because I couldn't deal with them properly!!

Now it's Friday just find something to enjoy for the weekend. I certainly intend do, though what is a mystery yet! Chin up and talk to people. I found my rant on here yesterday calmed me enough to get through the day. Granted I still cried when I got home! My boyfriend's new mantra is 'everything gets easier in the end'. It's written everywhere right now :)