1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can't sleep

Discussion in 'Personal' started by charlie2, Oct 9, 2002.

1. zenzuata

zenzuata New commenter

@bjlg: 'yer 'tis ! :) Maybe start at the beginning ........................................

2. thanks zzta, i'm going to try to go to bed have moved into the spare room so I can trash about without worrying. Night.

3. zenzuata

zenzuata New commenter

oh, is that all it is ? stay there :) zenzoh and i don't sleep together ... :) much better all round (well, the not sleeping bit, anyway).

4. from last page to first!

5. Wow! Two and a half years ago! Hope we are all better now.

6. I'm having difficulty sleeping at the moment. I go to sleep easily enough but wake up a couple of hours later and spend the rest of the night awake.
    If it happens tonight I'll get up and come and read this thread.

7. Don't think that will help but things do get better. Well they did for me eventually.

8. Well here we are 12 years later and still suffering from insomnia. It's almost as if some of us were never meant to get eight solid hours. Lots of names to remember. Where are you Charlie?

9. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Thought I would offer a hand with the Welsh hijacking of this thread. And I can only imagine the absolute jealousy that matching accessories would have attracted in Merthyr! As for sleep, or the lack of, I go with radio 4 downloads. But am single so the headphone issue doesn't arise, and also fortunate in that sleep doesn't elude me often. How you all get some sleep tonight :) I am only awake because I am very Sally, very excited about having a new piano delivered tomorrow.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

It is very unusual for me to not sleep, but then I have a lot on my mind. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that our natural sleep pattern is two blocks of sleep at night with a wakeful period in between and an afternoon nap. I will go for that today.

11. Well enjoy the excitement! Not all insomnia is bad!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I am looking forward to the afternoon nap especially. I am definitly going to break up with my current partner, see, decision made in the middle of the night. Now all I have to do is to work out how to keep my ex wife sane whilst we sell the family home.

13. Yeah right. Any decision made between 1a.m. and 6 a.m. is not worth sh1t and well you know it.

14. Eureka!

Eureka! Lead commenter

hehe... indeed. Maybe the secret of a good night's sleep is to think positive thoughts. (Yes, it can be done Lily .... just bring forward the day thinking!)