1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Can't Sleep!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by sugardummy, May 10, 2011.

1. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

I think you need to post this on Health and Wellbeing, chick. Sorry to hear about sleep problems. If warm baths, cocoa and a hottie bottle don't work, you need to speak to your GP. Good luck.

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Been there. And my mind was a hamster in a wheel. I was so tired during the day at work, I would stand and sway in front of classes (I'm sure i didn't actually sway as such, but it felt like being on the deck of a boat, the floor tilting under my feet). For me the issue was what was happening at work. My help and relief came from seeing a Chinese Herbalist. The herbs were fantastic.

3. bombaysapphire

bombaysapphire Star commenter

I never thought that I would recommend a homeopathic remedy but Bach Rescue Remedy Night Melts worked for both my husband and myself. It's got to be worth a try!

4. Have you tried going to bed and getting up at the same time each day to build a pattern? I know if I doze on the sofa before going to bed then I won't sleep well that night so I try to stay awake until it's bedtime, gosh I sound like an old woman!

5. What are they bombaysapphire? I have never heard of them. Are they expensive? I tried some herbal tablets (one with the counting sheep advert on tv) but they didn't seem to make any difference.
    I always tend to go to bed between 10 and 10.30 pm and get up the same time every morning.

6. I sometimes go through phases of insomnia. I know that feeling, but I have been training for a triathlon for a few weeks and I find that the exercise really helps with my sleep: I find it easier to go to sleep and I sleep more soundly. Also, I have more energy during the day.

7. rachel_g41

rachel_g41 Occasional commenter

That sounds interesting. I had a spell of not sleeping recently and I used Bach Flowers -specifically White Chestnut which is meant to help stop obsessive thoughts, the kind of things that keep you awake at night. That and a relaxing herbal tea before bed gradually got me back on track.

8. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Is it due to worrying? I had a phase like that when had a crppy time at work.
    Hot choc/milk before bed, read something easy going - chick lit etc, have notepad by bed if you waking thinking about something you can jot it down and try and get back to sleep. Or try exercise after work/tea so you're physically tired as well as mental tired.
    Sweet dreams! x