1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cant see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Ev11, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Hello all. I think I just need a rant and wanted to see if anyone else feels like me and has survived?
    I am an NQT who ;ast eyar did 7 months long term supply at the most amazing school without completing any nqt year stuff. I moved on to a very 'good school.' Worst thing ever- I constantly feel under so much pressure to be amazing, to have a guided writing group in every single lesson, to teach a lesson within a lesson, to app every child all of the time. I feel I am being watched and all my confidence has been knocked for six. Everyone seems to be so professional, I suppose thats just not me.
    I had not recieved any support but when my observation was deemed inadequate I am now having weekly meetings to check planning. (Which I am sure I should have had before,)
    So now we are having drop ins this week and I am bricking it- I have been glued to my computer trying to work out how to teach fractions and have got no where. I just feel completely frazzled, on edge, low. Its just the fact that I have already been deemed as bad so knowing my bloody luck they will come in when I am teaching the most dreadul lesson.
    I am fed up of working all hours, looking like death, being a snappy cow to everyone, having no confidence whats so ever. ARGH! All for 1 stupid school, so what now? Do I ride it out and hope to God I pass the next term feeling un supported, unliked and unconfident?
    Or gamble and see if I get another job. Then theres a reference and all that jazz.
    Any advice, take pity on me please! And its only Tuesday Xx